What a fun game!You only need scatter cards to play.
How to play:
- Flip two scatter cards.
- Add the sum as fast as you can.
- If the sum is EVEN, slap it and you win the whole pile!
- If the sum is ODD, leave it alone!
- Whoever gets the MOST scatter cards wins!
- Subtract the cards instead of adding.
- If the answer is ODD, slap it and if it’s EVEN, leave it alone.
- For an easier version, play with sums up to 10/for a harder version, play with sums up to 20.
- For younger students, play with 5 frames and 10 frames, or see if they can identify which scatter is odd/even without doing sums or differences.
STAY TUNED….my scatter cards will be included in a new publication called DECK O’ DOTS! (Update: Get Deck O Dots here!)
See how much fun these teachers at Wildwood Elementary in Wayne Westland had playing Subitizing Combo SLAP!
Give this game a try and see how flexible your students can be with subitizing and addition fluency!