The LAZ leveled library is an app you can download to your device for a library of leveled books that you can go to in an instant! It would be ideal for classroom use during Daily 5 or reader workshop, and for parents looking to provide extra reading support at home!
By Language Technologies, Inc.
Learning A–Z provides materials delivered online and through the iTunes Store that help children learn to read, write, and discover the wonders of science. All of their materials are leveled so that children can access information at their developmental level. Their leveled readers begin at level ‘aa’ with labeling objects. In level A simple sentences are presented. With each level thereafter the sentences get more complex and the words become a little more difficult.
Each Learning A–Z library contains ten books on that reading level, the free sample book for that level, and the free sample book for the next level to challenge readers to expand their reading skills. Developmentally appropriate sentence construction, vocabulary, and engaging illustrations make it easy for readers to feel confident about their skills.
- Interactive glossary providing point-of-use definitions
- All books are carefully leveled, giving readers a developmental growth path to improve their reading skills
- All books end with discussion questions that check student comprehension and encourage critical thinking
- Classroom support through lesson plans, worksheets, and quizzes can be found at www.readinga-z.com (subscription required)
- All books support state and national core standards (correlation found at www.readinga-z.com)
A quick guide in placing your child at the appropriate reading level:
- aa to C—kindergarten
- D to J—first grade
- K to Q—second grade
- R to U—third grade
- V to Z—fourth and fifth grade
The app costs $6.99 but is worth it!
Also check out the apps for second and third grade reading levels: