Integrate Math with Technology! We all love our math games, and they are a great way to incorporate math skills, but…remember one of our blogs that explained Quality vs. Quantity Math Games? Make sure you consider those criteria when choosing games to include in your classroom.
Check out Matific.com for some quality games. The website is nicely organized by grade levels K to 6, or by math standards to make it easy to sort through games.
The Matific Mission:
- To proliferate high-quality math education
- Making immersive math learning apps available to children, world-wide
- To empower teachers and parents
- Offering a rich set of intuitive and versatile math teaching resources
- To make math intriguing
- Fostering in students of all ages an appreciation of the beauty in math and its relevance in everyday life
- To open the gates to scientific thinking
- Mastering analytic reasoning and nurturing insightful discovery
Matific takes a unique approach to teaching K to 6 math using hands-on and interactive mini-games, called episodes. These immersive bite-sized apps for tablets and personal computers are based on a modular and progressive spiral learning system.”
The Matific approach was designed to provide optimal support for educators to convey math concepts in an effective and engaging manner as possible. Matific episodes enable a blended learning approach.Having selected the relevant episodes, teachers can seamlessly integrate hands-on math explorations into their own class learning format.