This authentic screener assesses students’ understanding of combinations and missing part. Many students memorize math facts with little or no understanding for combinations. We often forge students ahead in to math fact fluency when they are not ready. This screener focuses on the importance of having students use visual memory to understand combinations before being given the algorithm. Once this skill is mastered students can successfully go on to the missing parts concept with the screener. This is a great way to ensure all of your students have the foundation that will help them become mathematicians for life.
This digital download is intended for individual classroom use only.
This digital download includes:
- An individual copyright license for one teacher/person
- Understanding Combination Screener
- Understanding Missing Parts Screener
- Memorizing Facts vs. Understanding Combinations
- Home-School Activity Article
- Full Deck of Dot Combination Cards (in Color)
- Full Deck of Dot Combination Cards (in Black and White)
- Understanding Combinations & Scoring Guide & Scoring Grid
- Understanding Missing Parts Scoring Guide & Scoring Grid