Digit Recognition vs. Understanding Number Quantity…which makes more developmental sense? This screener formatively assesses students’ number sense when it comes to their visual memory of number quantity and is a perfect match with the Counting and Cardinailty portion of the Common Core State Standards. This screener looks specifically at students’ ability to recognize number groups without counting in an arranged line (5 frame & 10 frame), array (dice/domino pattern) and a scatter. This download comes complete with the tools you need to not only administer the screener but to help find the perfect instructional match for young mathematicians.
This digital download is intended for individual classroom use only.
This digital download includes:
- An individual copyright license for one teacher/person
- Understanding Number Quantity Screener
- Digit Recognition vs. Understanding Number Quantity Home-School Activity article
- Set of 5 Frame Cards in Color
- Set of 10 Frame Cards in Color
- Set of Array Cards
- Scatter Dot Plate Design
- Understanding Number Quantity Scoring Guide & Scoring Grid